September 30, 2012

To AMMA...

Dear Amma,
        
      You turn an year older! Or rather should I say that you have one more year of life experience to share with me???

I wonder how you managed to switch the role from being a working woman to being the wife of Mr.Perfectionist; from being a responsible daughter-in-law to being a mother of two opposite-natured daughters!!! Hats off to your multitasking skills and versatility!!!


On your birthday week, I ennoble you the following titles for making my life simpler and easier! ;) You really deserve these titles AMMA!!!


Amma- The Alarm

Thanks for being my secondary, yet effective alarm. I think you should share the tips and tricks you follow to wake me up with the primary alarm:D

Amma- The Peacemaker

You definitely deserve this title for effectively maintaining peace at home. Thanks for equally sharing the house-work among the siblings; thanks for recommending the fervent father to sign my marks cards and dairy; thanks for coming up with a guideline on who should own the TV remote and most importantly when! :D

Amma- The Teacher

You taught me how to borrow from tens but at the same time taught me how to be contented in life! ;)

Amma- The Search Engine

Which search algorithm do you use? Linear? Binary? :D Right from searching the Tie during the school days to searching the Tag now, you are efficiently handling the role of a search engine!

Amma- The Rear View Mirror

In your presence, the rear-view mirror is redundant!:D Thanks for the live commentary on the apparent traffic threats! [Though it alters my adrenalin levels :D] I know, you also keep an eye on the odometer and sometimes perform the role of a speed-breaker too!;) 


Well, that was a funny take...


On a serious note, Amma, you are an adorable daughter, an endearing wife, a perfect mother, and above all a wonderful human being with excellent managerial qualities.

I truly confess that I can never ever match up to your level!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMMA....
 
Your's truly,
...
PS: Thatz my pretty amma!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Very emotional :) and is cent percent true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Rekha, reminds me of my mom :-) I like your last line "No one can ever match up to their AMMA's level" Hats OFF To Motherhood...
    okay now, i hope you have plans to give her gift by spending money also rather just than writing ;-)
    ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fully agree. Some of other attributes that I could think about her are..

    1. Attention to Details.
    2. Sympathetic and Empathetic to others.
    3. Very Kindhearted.
    4. Financial Expert(Great home budgetary skills).

    There are several more to list...to summarize in a single sentence, she is a person who is a classic example of simple living and high thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praneetha: Thank you ;)

    Vinita: Thank you :) btw, I think PEN is mightier than GIFT! :D :p

    Bhava: Thanks, I second that! She is a true Libran!!! :)

    ReplyDelete